Sunday, November 4, 2012

Paprika

One day I was siting downstairs in the living room reading when my host mom came into the room from upstairs awkwardly holding a stray cat.
'Well, this is new,' I thought.

My host mom explained to me in English why she was holding the cat.
The cat was the neighbors and it had somehow managed to sneak its way into our garden, into our house and then all the way up into my host parents room without us noticing.
This is not the last time the cat has done this.
The cat is white with some sandy splotches on its' back and has a kink in its' tail.
Which reminded me a lot of my cat, Gidget. She has a kink in her tail and orange spots all over.

I didn't have a pet until I was five. And ever since then there has always been a furry friend in my house. A cat to pet and snuggle with or a dog to greet you when you come home. In Thailand, I don't have anything like that. The nice thing about animals is they understand every language and love you unconditionally.

Luckily, the cat had been over to visit about every other day and I have decided to name him Paprika. Even though my host mom told me his name is Tuay or cup in Thai.

Paprika is sort of how exchange works. At first its different, a little scary but sometimes reminds you of home. And then after some time, it becomes normal and sometimes boring. And then eventually you don't want to leave it.
And right now, I don't want to leave Paprika. And I don't want to leave Thailand. Not yet anyway.

Tomorrow I will go to the Immigration office to renew my visa! Wish me luck!

Book: Finished The Hundred-Year-Old Man who Climbed out the Window and Disapeared  and it was so amazing! It is about a man who has traveled all over the world and has a brilliant sense of humor. I hope everyone will read it and hopefully get the bug for travelling! Page 20 of The Hobbit. So far it's a little slow but I know it will go faster the further I get into the book.
Thai: Tuay.......................Cup

No comments:

Post a Comment