Tuesday, May 19, 2015

5/19/15

This morning I woke up angry.
A mood I rarely come across and don't know how to deal with. I felt betrayed and hurt- and thus pissed off.
So I did what I thought was best: to pour myself a cup of coffee bountiful with milk and brown sugar, sit down and write my long abandoned blog.
And here we are.

Part One: President
My friend Mitch and I have determined that we are members of the “Care Too Much Club” which means that we will never turn our friends down. We will always drop everything and be there for whomever, whenever. This however takes a toll that I was unaware of until this morning when I woke up in a twist. So, I would like to formally step down from my post of President of this club and join the “Mutual Caring Society” that is pretty difficult to get into.

Part Two: Frontier
In just five days I will be moving to the great state that is Alaska! There I will be a barista for the McKinley Chalet Resort in Denali until August. I am so incredibly excited and over the moon for the adventures I plan on taking.

Part Three: Un-American
I have had an amazing year in DC and at American University trying out crew and joining a sorority. Oh, and also my classes and professors were the best I could have ever wished for. Even with all my activities, I still felt out of place. Thus, I have applied to transfer schools but will not hear back until late this month.

Part Four: Truth
Sometimes it’s hard to say “They’re missing out” or “Their loss” and actually mean it. I fully intent and logically agree with myself each time I find myself saying these phrases. However, believing in them is a challenge.

Part Five: Apology
This morning I was standing in line at the local pharmacy waiting for a prescription. The woman standing in front of me, who also had parked next to me, wore a lacy cream dress past her knees, ruby pointy flats, a new, navy, Michael Kors handbag, and clean cut blonde bob. After chatting with the pharmacist she turned around to those of us behind her in line chuckling and said, “Sorry, it usually doesn't take this long!”
But I was no fool.
I knew that she asked for probiotics, which needed to be chilled- and that she asked for ice. Her mentioning forgetting her cooler is what lengthened the time of her endeavor. Don’t blame the pharmacy now. I knew the insignificant truth behind her polite and courteous apology. I brushed off the minute of two that I waiting in line while the pharmacist grabbed ice.
This leads me back to waking up so mad this morning. Recently, I've found that I know more than people assume I do. I’m not going to burn bridges but some may mysteriously fall down without a guaranteed explanation.

A note:
Basically this post can be summed up in one sentence from the film, Network (1976) which I watched this year in my cinema course:"I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore."


No comments:

Post a Comment