Friday, February 15, 2013

2/15/13

Today was my last day at school. I will go back sometime around mid May for the new school year.
It was a good day.
I ate my regular PBOT, had a doughnut (it was one of my friends' birthday), studied a little Thai, studied a little Tagalog, finished my art project, and gave the teachers that were leaving the school a letter I wrote to thank them.
I also got locked outside of the art room for a half hour, my Thai teacher had a meeting and couldn't teach me Thai, a Thai teacher told me that I have a big American accent, and my Tagalog teacher told me that he finally had a real, normal conversation in Thai where he understood everything for the first time. He's lived here ten years.
Just another average day.
I finished it up laughing with Sophie and Saeko over our ridiculous Exchange Student eating habits.

Sometimes I've had a hard time going to my school. There are some weeks where I just wanted to come home crying but then this past month has been really good.

Here's the problem. I'm not a very good 'leaver'. Even if I hate a place, even if I feel miserable being there, when I leave it, it turns into the best, most magical place ever. Backwards, I know. I don't think its a great quality but I can't seem to get rid of that characteristic and honestly I don't think I want to. I think it's one of those imperfections that makes me, me.
But luckily I don't have to leave just yet. I have five more months to get even more nostalgic.

Book: Finished Footnotes by Tommy Tune and it was really interesting and a delight to read! I think I was a dancer in a previously life, or at least I pretend to be, so it was fun to read about his time on stage.
Thai: Khon Diow......................................................................by myself, alone

No comments:

Post a Comment