Thursday, August 23, 2012

Boring

Part One: A explanation?
When I was little, my mom always reminded me that a bored kid is a boring kid.
The phrase still haunts me today.

I realize that she wanted to warn me that there is always plenty to do in the world and if one is bored, one is basically taking for granite all of the amazing things our world has to offer. Which is in a way, true.
I haven't heard her say the phrase for at least five years but every time I think "I'm bored," I can hear that phrase echo in my mind.
For all of my friends who think I'm way too busy, it's mainly because of the reason that I DON'T WANT TO BE A BORING KID, or bored for that matter.

The first week in Thailand was hard for me, for multiple reasons. Once I had a routine down of going to school and finally got comfortable in my new house, things got better. Things got ordinary. The routine of shower, school, eat, shower, eat, sleep was a little bit too routine for me. Yes, I started to teach myself the ukulele and am attempting to learn Thai, but there is only so many times you can practice the same four chords or stare at a page of squiggly foreign lines on a page. Am I getting bored in Thailand? The truth is......a little. There is so many things I want to see and do in Thailand but unfortunately I have no one to see and do those things with. My host family is so kind and great but making friends is hard as it is and the skill of asking people to hang out in Thai is not one of my fortes.
But the hardest thing about making new friends in Thailand are being reminded of my friends back home. My friends back home are so reliable and awesome at speaking english. I can call Emma at 2:00 in the morning to chat and can always count on having a conversation about Doctor Who with Keyan and Mariah. And probably the best thing is that when I'm with my friends, I'm never bored. Or at least we're bored together.

Part Two: The bloggy part
Went to "The Mall" yesterday with my new acquaintance Tannie. She was an exchange student to Michigan last year? The year before? Not really sure when actually. But I had a really good time. I tried bubble tea. The liquid of the bubble tea was fantastic! But the bubbles were uh, ummm chewy? Don't really know how to explain it.We are planning to see The Bourne Legacy sometime soon together, although I suggested we watch the other Bourne movies first. So I shall let you know how that goes down.

Part Three: Book+ Thai
Book: NEED ONE. FINISHED MINE.
Thai Words: rice/food...........................cow

2 comments:

  1. The bubbles in the bubble tea are small, chewy tapioca balls. It's like pudding in a chewy jelly form

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always go for mango bubble tea!

    ReplyDelete