Thursday, August 30, 2012

Procrastination

I dont have many responsibilities in Thailand. Well, I do, like represent America well etc., but besides those, I have very few responsibilities. They include...
1. Learn Thai.
2. Learn German.
3. Learn Chinese.
4. Learn how to play the ukulele.
5. Blog.
6. Read more.
7. Keep up with the news (world and US presidential election).
8. Try to make friends.

Obviously this is a very short list. Although, I still manage to procrastinate?!?!?! HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?!

Well, I'll tell you how it's possible. YouTube, is how it's possible.
I don't use youtube to look up music videos or funny commercials. I actually watch educational videos on youtube. That sounds really lame, but I promise it isn't!
For instance, I watch Hank Green on Scishow. I also watch Crashcourse Biology and History. They're really funny and I actually learn things. (I suggest it to those of you who have forgotten what you have learned in high school and/or college, and they aren't targeted for teens, they are targeted for everyone). I'm also a big fan of HowStuffWork's podcasts.

I'm learning a lot. Just not what I'm supposed to be learning......oh well.

Book: Officially visiting book store on Saturday!
Thai: rain..........................................................phone (it's sorta flat sounding?, not sure how to describe it)

Links!!!
http://www.youtube.com/crashcourse
http://www.youtube.com/scishow
http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/hsw-shows/popstuff-podcast.htm

PS- Should I do a post about social media/the internet in Thailand? It's a lot different here! Have any suggestions for blog topics? Let me know in the comments or email me at yellowsplat15@gmail.com


3 comments:

  1. Heyyyy those stuff aren't lame.. I watch those videos on Youtube!.
    I've never watched biology videos though... but I guess I might need to watch it since I failed on Biology test (T T).

    I go to the same school as you. I'm from 6/1. Got your blog from your facebook ;}. You should write those social media stuff, it would be pretty interesting to see what you think about it. ,,,Tang.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait a sec... this is not your latest blog update =_=;;;?

      Delete
  2. It's quite amusing to see unusual animals when I travel; the camel, the kiwi, and the .....tarsier.
    Flights to kinshasa
    Cheap Flights to kinshasa
    Cheap Air Tickets to kinshasa

    ReplyDelete