Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Why

Today I explained what Christmas is to Pon. He thought Christmas was just for Santa Claus. I explained it by telling him the story of the three wise men who were guided by a star to Jesus. I'm still not sure he knows who Jesus is either, but I still thought it was important that he know the story, mainly because Christmas is important to me. This made me realize the importance explaining things.
In other words, Pon knows what Christmas is but does not know why it is Christmas.

I am a "why" person. I like to fully understand things and question authenticity. I like being aware of what is happening in the world and in my community. I enjoy random useless facts and debating about philosophy. And I realize that sometimes asking "why" too much can be annoying and that sometimes the answers to my questions are just too darn confusing. But I will never stop being a "why" person.
And why am I writing about being a "why" person?
Well, because I am a "why" person, my blog will also be a "why" blog.
In the sense that my blogs will not be typical. They will probably not explain my day or describe the amazing things I am doing in Thailand.
My blogs will be about my friendship with Thai culture and how we are getting along.


1 comment:

  1. You go girl... Love your blog. Can't wait to see the next one.

    You might want to explain what "what ever..." means.

    ReplyDelete