Saturday, September 1, 2012

Pelican

Today I was going to go to the book store with one of my friends. That didn't happen. Instead, I spent the day with Sophie(from Germany) and Gap. A number of things happened. We saw many animals at the zoo, rode in 2 tuk-tuks, went on the bus, went on the sky train, ate duck and some sort of duck organ (not sure what I ate, not sure I want to know), met cute snakes, almost got eaten by a pelican, fed an elephant, fed a camel, drank Starbucks, discussed the difference in how Germans and Americans pronounce words( like Ikea and haagen-das), got mistaken for being from the Czech Republic, bought postcards from a store that makes nice shirts, went into my first Thai 7 Eleven, went to the museum of Jim Thompson, found like the most expensive blanket in Bangkok, found out where you can get that blanket for very cheap, was told not to take pictures (both Sophie and I), took lots of pictures, found out it's good luck to have long ears if you are Thai, crossed two streets in Bangkok(that's saying something), solved the mysterious disappearance of Jim Thompson( he got eaten by a Foreigner eating Pelican) and best of all, received and gave a hug.

I love being an Exchange Student.

Book: still on Sherlock Holmes....
Thai Three.................................Sam

1 comment:

  1. YOU ROCK!!! I am so glad you are having a good time and that you got a hug. Amazing how not having one affects you. Your writing is outstanding. I love it. Keep up the good work. I love you and miss you. Papá

    ReplyDelete