Monday, September 10, 2012

Relax

I am not what you call a "relaxed person".

I'm just not. I am busy all the time, and I like it that way.
I do enjoy those Sunday afternoons when I can sit and watch a movie with my dog and gaze off into......yeah no Sunday afternoon/evening is when I do all my homework.
I like to be busy!
Although, in Thailand it's hard to be busy.
Usually, I get home from school and have the day to myself. I don't have homework because I'm taking classes like vegetable carving and I can't go anywhere by myself. So I am trying to learn how to relax. It's quite difficult for me.

Although, yesterday my host parents took me to the park to ride bikes again. God how I love bikes. But this time, my host dad let me ride my bike alone. Which was very nice.
I took a couple of laps around the park, thinking about Burma and some articles I recently read about the DNC. I also did some people watching. Always fun. And I actually relaxed. It was odd. But nice.
So I stopped by a grassy hill to read some of my book only to find another teenage girl who was also reading a book and wearing green converse!

I read about 20 pages or so and decided to go bike around the park one more time. While I was packing up my things I thought about how parks are awesome. Parks allow people to read on grassy hills, go biking, have picnics and be around nature.
My thoughts were then interrupted by a loudspeaker.
The Thai national anthem began to play and everything in the park stopped. Everyone dropped what they were doing and stood up to listen to the anthem. This was then followed by a Buddhist prayer.
Gahhhhhhhh!
In other words, I don't think I'll actually be able to relax for a while.

Books: Page 284/348 of MPHFPC It's really good, not what I expected at all.....but I keep reading.
Thai: like...............................chop

No comments:

Post a Comment