Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Prediction

Right now I feel as if my life is being predicted by a book.
Will Grayson, Will Grayson to be exact.

So I spent a good hour and a half reading WGWG today. And it was so good. I absolutely love reading this book, but never did I think that it would connect so well to what is happened to me today.

So yesterday Sophie called me and told me some super excited news! She said that her host mom said that I would be spending a week at my house starting Saturday for vacation! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! We were both so happy and excited and in complete bliss! I automatically began thinking of all the cool things we could do when she came over. Like we could go swimming in my host parents condo, or go get starbucks, or go to the market or rent movies, yada, yada, yada.

This afternoon my host mom and I picked up my host dad from the MRT (subway) station and went to a Rotary meeting. I wore to the Rotary meeting my Rotary blazer, freshly garnished with new pins, an aqua dress and my dress shoes. I really try to take care of my dress shoes here, because I don't have much to really "care" for here. So I try to keep them in good condition and only wear them to rotary functions.

So on our way to the Rotary meeting I asked him about Sophie coming over.
He said that Sophie was spending a week with my SECOND host family.
I just about turned into a human hosepipe but I kept myself together.

Right before all of this happened though, I was reading WGWG. One of the main characters, Will Grayson,  was supposed to meet someone. And he was really excited. But it turns out that the person he was supposed to meet never existed.

I feel like Will Grayson. I'm sure Sophie does too.
Being an exchange students is a roller coaster. One minute you are having the time of your life and the next minute you feel as if a tsunami has swiped you away into a vast and empty sea.
It's most definitely hard, but worth it. And hopefully I will learn how to keep my feet grounded when the next tsunami comes.

Book: Page 172 of WGWG!
Thai: cow jai................I understand

No comments:

Post a Comment